At Old Down Estate we have planned weddings within 6 weeks so thought we would share how to plan a wedding within 6 months… whether it be in our Manor House or Estate Barn.
Pros of planning a wedding in 6 months:
- You will get a better deal on your venue and suppliers, especially if you are marrying out of season and if you are prepared to get married mid-week. See below for our current offers
- Get a last minute deal on your honeymoon
- You will experience the same high quality service from our wedding team and benefit from everything that our exceptional venue has to offer
- You may share the responsibility of planning with your fiancé – which is no bad thing as you will get to know one another even better!
- You get to be married sooner!
Old Down Estate Offers for weddings held before April 2018
In the Manor House we have £500 off venue hire plus 5 free bottles of Prosecco to be used for your welcome drinks.
In the Estate Barn we have £500 venue hire plus 5 free bottles of Prosecco to be used for your welcome drinks.
If you hold your wedding at Old Down Estate within the next 6 months (by the end of January 2018) as well as helping you with your wedding process we will help negotiate better deals for you with our wedding suppliers.
6 Month Wedding Plan:
6 months before:
- Decide on the number of guests and make a list
- Set a budget
- Choose the bridal party
- Organise your venue and ceremony- book church or give notice to the Registrar
- Book a photographer and videographer
- Choose your wedding dress and sort suits for the groomsmen
- Book musicians, band or DJ for the wedding reception
- Book the wedding transport
- Book the florist
- Order the cake
- Order the wedding invitations and other stationery such as table plan and place cards
- Decide upon your wedding list, and make it available to all your wedding guests
- Take out wedding insurance
5 months before:
- Choose the wedding rings
- Order your wedding favours
- Decide upon your chosen wedding music or hymns
- Arrange to see your hairdresser or barber about what hairstyle you want on your big day
- Start to plan your hen and stag party
3 months before:
- Have your pre-wedding meeting at Old Down Manor
- Buy your Marriage licence from the registrar
- Confirm your ceremony details with either the registrar or the minister
- Buy gifts for the best man, ushers and bridesmaids
- Discuss the seating plan
1 month before:
- Arrange for a final fitting of your wedding dress
- Reconfirm the wedding arrangements with the florist
- Reconfirm the wedding arrangements with the photographer and videographer
- Reconfirm the honeymoon arrangements
- Reconfirm all your entertainment
- Have the hen and stag
- Send Old Down Manor your table plan and final numbers
- Write the wedding speeches (groom, best man, father of the bride)
7 days before:
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Give your ‘order of service’ sheets to the minister and have a rehearsal (church wedding)
- Give the rings to the best man
- Have the day off!
- Meet with the team at Old Down Manor
At Old Down Estate we are able to help you with your wedding process so feel free to ask any questions- we are here to help! Remember to enjoy yourselves as this is one of the most special days of your life.
Happy planning…The Old Down Estate Team