So ….. it’s fallen on your head to organise the works Christmas party. Perhaps you are the most reliable member of the team, perhaps you are the most pro-active, perhaps you were just out of the office when it was decided!
Whatever the reason, finding the right entertainment and venue for an office Christmas bash can be daunting. There are big pressures to find something suitable for the host of different personalities; those looking to let their hair down, those looking for a dance, those looking to be wined and dined. And….. it all has to be signed off by the finance department or the boss.
Advice on booking:
- Ask around – there will be people who offer clear recommendations
- Make a short-list (no more than 3-4)
- Look at the websites of the chosen few – see what they are planning for Christmas
- Consider how the offering ‘fits’ with the personalities in your particular office group
- Find a date to suit everyone in the office
- Make sure you contact the venue at least 6 months ahead to check availability (although it seems early, a pro-active venue will have been planning their Christmas event a year ahead)
- Go and visit the venue if possible. If not speak to someone on the phone. You will get a very good idea of how responsive and efficient they are through a phone conversation.
- Circulate the ‘chosen’ two around the office. Don’t give too much choice.
- Book up early and, if you’ve picked a venue with a good reputation, a great theme and a reliable contact, you should be able to sit back and be confident that they will do the rest.
We’ve planned another amazing Christmas at Old Down Manor this year with Moulin Rouge themed parties in the Manor which include a glass of Kir Royale on arrival, three course menu with petit fours, live entertainment, disco and theming all for £50.00 per ticket.
For a more relaxed Christmas party there is also a Bavarian Christmas in the Estate Barn. A great informal night out with colleagues or friends with a glass or gluhwein or beer on arrival, bratwurst in a bun and live music all for £15.50 per ticket.
We are taking bookings now, with some companies booking out exclusive nights, so we would advise early booking to guarantee your space and avoid disappointment!