FAQs – In light of the challenging times we are all facing with the spread of Covid-19.
Are you open?
Old Down Country Park is open every day from 10am-5pm. Please take the necessary precautions including social distancing when visiting.
What measures are you implementing to keep us safe?
We have implemented the following measures to comply with recent announcements by the Government and World Health Organisation. We refer regularly to the updates and will be reviewing these daily.
- We are accepting card payments only
- We ask that you wear a face covering when in the ticket office and cafe, but under 11s are exempt from this rule. There is also no need to wear one whilst in the outside areas.
- The cafe is open, but we are only serving snacks, drinks, sandwiches and salads for takeaway only. No hot meals will be served.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are readily available throughout the park
- We ask you respect social distancing guidelines when queuing – parameters have been provided on the floor in the ticket office and other areas around the Estate
- Reduced numbers of visitors to the park
- Surfaces and public areas are being regularly cleaned
- We ask anyone who is demonstrating symptoms of a persistent dry cough or fever does NOT come to site
- Pets corner is open, but we are currently not offering animal handling.
- The Adventure Play Park is open, and is being sprayed down regularly throughout the day.
- The Yurt is currently closed.
Who looks after the animals during these challenging times?
The animal keepers are taking the necessary precautions to abide by the guidelines for social distancing when at work. The park staff are taking it in turns to clean, feed and care for the animals routinely.
By visiting you are supporting us in this challenging and unprecedented time. This will particularly help us feed and care for our animals!
Do any of your staff have symptoms?
We remain to have no staff eliciting symptoms of Covid-19. In the event a visitor or member of staff shows symptoms they will be instructed to self-isolate and follow NHS Government guidelines.
How are you complying with social distancing and updates?
We will be enforcing social distancing measures by limiting the number of visitors to the park. Parameters have been provided on the floor in the ticket office and other areas around the Estate when queuing to respect the social distancing guidelines.
Something to look forward to ….
Returning by popular demand, the bus in the coming weeks! Old Down has made the informed decision to reopen the bus play space after the pandemic has subsided!
Any questions or queries regarding our policies and procedures surrounding Covid-19 please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We hope you are all happy and well during these challenging times ahead and hope to see you at the Estate soon!