FAQs – In light of the challenging times we are all facing with the spread of Covid-19.
Are you open?
Old Down Country Park is opening its doors at a discounted rate for you to enjoy the 66 acres of open farm land. Please take the necessary precautions including social distancing when visiting.
What measures are you implementing to keep us safe?
We have implemented the following measures to comply with recent announcements by the Government and World Health Organisation. We refer regularly to the updates and will be reviewing these daily.
- We are accepting contactless payments only
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are readily available throughout the park
- We have reinstated an additional toilet upon entry and exiting the park – make sure you keep washing your hands! Please refer to the signage and posters!
- We ask you respect social distancing guidelines when queuing – parameters have been provided on the floor in the ticket office and other areas around the Estate
- Reduced numbers of visitors to the park
- Surfaces and public areas are being regularly cleaned
- We ask anyone who is demonstrating symptoms of a persistent dry cough or fever does NOT come to site
- We are offering takeout food and drink
- We are demonstrating compliance with legislation in closing the café, Barn, events and wedding spaces.
- Pets corner will be opened sporadically – this will be manned by a member of our animal keepers during the opening times. To comply with legislation a maximum of 5 visitors will be permitted in this area at one time.
- In response, we have temporarily shut our animal handling areas In response, we have temporarily shut our animal handling areas In response, we have temporarily shut our animal handling areas asAs precautionary measures we have temporarily shut our animal handling areas
Who looks after the animals during these challenging times?
The animal keepers are taking the necessary precautions to abide by the guidelines for social distancing when at work. The park staff are taking it in turns to clean, feed and care for the animals routinely.
By visiting you are supporting us in this challenging and unprecedented time. This will particularly help us feed and care for our animals!
How will we know you are open?
Please refer to our social media pages – we will be posting regular updates and means to protecting yourselves when visiting the park and using the facilities. Furthermore, keep up to date with the changes made around the park!
Will you close the park because of Coronavirus?
We refer regularly to the updates by the Government and World Health Organisation. Whilst it important we follow the necessary guidelines provided the Government support the part taking in outdoor activities and exercise, which remains to be important for the well being of our mental and physical health. We ask you respect and follow the guidelines provided.
In the event the park closes we will inform visitors accordingly.
Do any of your staff have symptoms?
We remain to have no staff eliciting symptoms of Covid-19. In the event a visitor or member of staff shows symptoms they will be instructed to self-isolate and follow NHS Government guidelines.
How are you complying with social distancing and updates?
We will be enforcing social distancing measures by limiting the number of visitors to the park. In more confined areas such as pets corner a maximum of 5 visitors will be permitted in this area at one time. Parameters have been provided on the floor in the ticket office and other areas around the Estate when queuing to respect the social distancing guidelines.
Something to look forward to ….
Returning by popular demand, the bus in the coming weeks! Old Down has made the informed decision to reopen the bus play space after the pandemic has subsided!
Any questions or queries regarding our policies and procedures surrounding Covid-19 please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We hope you are all happy and well during these challenging times ahead and hope to see you at the Estate soon!