Sous Chef – £28000 for an average of 40 hours/week
Changing times at Old Down Estate.
Old Down Estate, based just outside Bristol, which includes Old Down Manor, Foxhills Spa, Country Park, self-catering cottages and glamping, has some exciting plans for the year to come. To be able to move forward with these plans we are looking for experienced and passionate team members to join us.
At Old Down, we are reliant on the kitchen team to produce a diverse selection of food on a daily basis. Working across the outlets – weddings, café, events, farm shop – you will be expected to fulfil the needs of our visitors by offering a seasonal menu where all the food is home-produced using as many ingredients as possible that are grown within the estate.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef
- To take overall responsibility for the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence ensuring relevant compliance
- To produce innovative menus utilising fresh ingredients for weddings, the café and corporate events
- To train and develop team members in kitchen practices
- To work collaboratively with all departments in planning future events
Previous experience required
- To have worked as a Junior/Sous Chef in a comparable kitchen
- Experience in wedding catering would be advantageous
- Devised and implemented seasonal menus
- Development of team members (commis chefs)
- Ability and knowledge to run a kitchen ensuring relevant compliance standards are met
What we offer
- Diverse role working across all aspects of the business
- Opportunity to devise and implement menus
- Competitive salary
- Work/life balance – when weddings are not taking place the Park closes at 4 pm in the Winter and 5 pm in the Summer
- An average of 40 hours/week
- Great team culture – we are not an ‘it’s not my job’ place!
Take a look at our website to get a feel for what the Estate is about – Adventure Park | Farm Animals | Café | Old Down Country Park (olddownestate.co.uk)