Old Down Estate is situated in the South West countryside and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds, our Manor House has panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond.
The Estate is home to our family-friendly Country Park, with year-round activities, and our magnificently refurbished Manor House which is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and fully equipped to host corporate events.
We are seeking an individual to work as the head of housekeeping on a 9 month fixed-term contract, to work in the Manor House. This position would be ideal for someone who has previously been a housekeeper where you have been responsible for cleaning, laundry & linen etc. and have been used to working to a high standard.
The day to day responsibilities with include, but not be exclusive to:
- Cleaning and upkeep of the Manor house
- Laundry and linen – changing and cleaning bed linens, towels etc
- Managing the housekeeping team – delegating tasks, creating rotas and schedules
- Supervising and training staff
- Overseeing stock takes and budgets
- Previous experience in a similar role as a housekeeper
- Able to manage and coordinate a team
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of health and safety protocols
We are ideally looking for someone who can start in March and cover for maternity for 9 months.