We are looking for a Head Housekeeper to lead the onsite housekeeping team. This is a diverse role and requires someone who is proactive and adaptable to ensure business needs are met. The Housekeeping team are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and presentation of the Country Park facilities, Manor House, Barn, 2 Self Catering Cottages as well as Bell Tents (July to September).
Old Down hosts approximately 90 weddings a year in the Manor House and Barn as well as hosting special events during the year. The housekeeping team are an integral part of the estate team and play an important role in ensuring that standards are achieved and maintained across the property.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and motivating the team to ensure daily deadlines are achieved and standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained whilst adhering to all Health and Safety requirements.
This is a part-time role working 24 hours/week on a rota basis ensuring business needs are met and will include weekends and early mornings as required. The salary for this role will be £14,500 per annum.
Key duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all areas are cleaned, maintained and presented to a high standard at all times.
- Recruiting, training, reviewing and motivating team members.
- Stocktaking and ordering linen as required.
- Rostering team members to meet business needs.
- Implementing and maintaining internal policies and procedures to ensure the safety of clients and employees.
- Ensure that Health & Safety and hygiene are continually maintained to a high standard.
- Previous management/supervisor experience within a similar property.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in leading, motivating and developing a team.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 24 hours/week on a rota basis to cover business needs, flexibility required.
- £15,000 per annum
**Please note that due to our location we are only accessible via car and therefore please only apply if you can travel to BS32 4PG**