45 hours per week – to be worked based on weddings and events
Situated in the South West countryside and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds, our Manor House has panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond.
Old Down Estate is home to our family-friendly Country Park, with year-round activities, and our magnificently refurbished Manor House which is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and fully equipped to host corporate events.
Join us in the role of Head Chef at Old Down and enjoy the fast pace of our busy kitchen – as you help to prepare the fresh food that keeps customers coming back.
You’ll be working alongside a first-class team to create really special food.
The Job Role will include:
- Serving Fine Dining at a Luxury Wedding venue
- Food production in the highest standard using fresh, local produce
- Includes overseeing the management of a busy café kitchen, Sunday carvery and weekly steak nights, as well as some outdoor events
- Using fresh local produce
- Managing and developing a team within a well-equipped kitchen
- A strong Head Chef with an exceptional catering background
- A passionate foodie used to working in busy high volume and pressurised operations
- A self-starter with a zest for great forward-thinking food
- A true professional who leads from the front with a track record of managing and developing teams
And we’re interested in your personality too. Your potential, your commitment and your ability to work under pressure is every bit as important to us as your knife-handling skills.