We are an award-winning country estate situated in the South West countryside and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds with panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond.
We are looking to recruit a gardener to assist in tending to the existing grounds, woodlands and maze within the estate. This is an exciting time for the successful candidate to work within a gardening team to develop the grounds and maze. The package will include 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and a 5% attendance bonus.
The hours of work are 40 hours, five days per week. As specified by your manager, working days can be flexible and it is a requirement that you can work on weekends and evenings.
Key duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the gardening team to ensure the grounds are looking at their best – this requires trimming the grass and hedges, digging and weeding
- Planting seedlings, shrubs and seeds as directed by the Head Groundsman
- Using a chainsaw to cut wood and logs (this is only relevant to individuals who have training in using a chainsaw)
- Building up and distributing compost heaps
- Where required, repairing and renovating pens, fences etc. This could include cement work
- Drive on-site Land Rover, tractor and trailer in a safe and controlled manner
- Carry out feed and cleaning routines involved with resident birds and animals on the estate when requested and become familiar with animal welfare
- Attend relevant training sessions associated with gardening duties and animal welfare
- Ensure all tools are returned in a clean condition and stored appropriately at the end of each day. Tools must not be left in the grounds for guests to find
- Wear appropriate work clothing according to health and safety recommendations
- Be polite and courteous towards visitors if they ask you questions about the estate.
- Be vigilant to accidents and inform management if you witness any accidents or incidents concerning staff or customers
- Comply with all company health and safety regulations as directed by your line manager
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £8.21 to £9.00 /hour
- gardening: 1 year (Preferred)