Old Down Estate is looking to recruit an experienced Front of House Supervisor to join the team. The role is diverse and the successful applicant will be required to work across all areas of Front of House including Café, Farm Shop, Ticket Office as well as playing an important role in the weddings and events. No two days are ever the same!
This is a full time role working 40 hours/week over 5 days, shifts will be allocated on a weekly basis and will include some early starts and late nights, flexibility is required. The salary will be £20,000 per annum.
Responsibilities of the Front of House Supervisor:
- To support the Front of House Manager in ensuring the smooth running of all Front of House areas
- To support the team in all Front of House areas during busy service periods
- Open and closing shifts – cashing up of tills
- Ensure all areas are cleaned, presented to a high standard and fully stocked at all times
- Deliver excellent customer service and lead by example
- Deal with customer issues in a professional manner with a view to reaching a satisfactory conclusion
- Attend operations meetings in the absence of the Front of House Manager
- Ensure all team members are aware of relevant information
- Train, review and develop team members
- Assist the Front of House Manager with management duties for the department such as compliance training, stocktaking, training and reviewing team members, compiling rotas
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience in a Front of House/Food and Beverage role as a Supervisor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to motivate team members and delegate duties
- Proactive and use initiative
- Presentable and clear communication both verbal and written
- Reliable, good timekeeping and organisational skills and a team player
- Personal Licence would be advantageous but not essential
**Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport to be able to fulfil the required shifts for the role.**
We are an award-winning country estate set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds with panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Our magnificently refurbished Manor House and Rustic quaint Barn is available for exclusive wedding hire and is fully equipped to host corporate events. In addition ‘Foxhills Spa’ is located within the Manor offering a range of Spa Days and treatments. The Country Park is open all year and offers membership options for people who want to make use of the play areas, feed the animals or stop for coffee or lunch.