Our current FOH Manager is moving onto pastures new so we have an opportunity for an experienced Operational Manager to lead the Front of House team at Old Down Estate.
This is a diverse role and the successful applicant will be required to manage all areas within the Front of House including hosting and managing weddings and events in The Manor and Barn as well as overseeing the Café, Farm Shop and Ticket Office. No two days are ever the same!
This is a full-time role working 48 hours/week over 5 days including evenings and weekends. Due to the high number of weddings we host, the Summer months (June to September) are the busiest, therefore flexibility is required to fulfil business needs.
Responsibilities of the Front of House Manager:
- Recruit, develop and lead the FOH team to ensure high levels of service are achieved and maintained
- Ensure all front of house areas are presented to the highest standard at all times
- Motivate and incentivise the team to achieve revenue targets on a monthly and annual basis
- Deal with customer issues in a professional manner with a view to reaching a satisfactory conclusion
- Attend meetings as required – final detail meetings with event organisers and wedding couples, operations and department meetings
- Ordering stock for all outlets – café, farm shop, gift shop, bar
- Ensure opening, closing and cashing up procedures are adhered to
- Manage Front of House rotas ensuring business needs are met across all outlets
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience in a comparable Front of House/Food and Beverage role
- Experience in managing team members to achieve results and excellent customer service
- Ability to motivate team members and delegate duties
- Proactive and use initiative
- Presentable and clear communication both verbal and written
- Reliable, good timekeeping and organisational skills and a team player
- Personal Licence would be advantageous but not essential
If you feel that you are the ideal person for this position, please include a covering letter detailing what makes you the perfect fit along with salary expectations.
**Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport to be able to fulfil the required shifts for the role.**
We are an award-winning country estate set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds with panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Our magnificently refurbished Manor House and Rustic quaint Barn is available for exclusive wedding hire and is fully equipped to host corporate events. In addition ‘Foxhills Spa’ is located within the Manor offering a range of Spa Days and treatments. The Country Park is open all year and offers membership options for people who want to make use of the play areas, feed the animals or stop for coffee or lunch.