Commis Chef – £18k – for an average of 40 hours/week
Changing times at Old Down Estate.
Old Down Estate, based just outside Bristol, which includes Old Down Manor, Foxhills Spa, Country Park, self-catering cottages and glamping, has some exciting plans for the year to come. To be able to move forward with these plans we want to ensure we have the right team members joining us.
We have an opportunity for a Commis Chef to join the team and develop within the role. We are looking for someone that is keen to become an integral part of the Old Down team, learn all about the Estate and what it has to offer whilst working in the hospitality industry and being able to achieve a work/life balance.
As a Commis Chef, you will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the Estate – weddings, café, farm shop and events. It is important that you have the right attitude to be able to learn and develop in order to progress.
Previous experience required
- To have attended catering college or worked within a commercial kitchen environment
- A passion for the industry and desire to progress
- A keen interest in fresh food and menu development
- An understanding of kitchen practices, knife skills and cooking methods
What we offer
- Diverse role working across all aspects of the business
- Opportunity to learn and develop
- Competitive salary
- Work/life balance – when weddings are not taking place the Park closes at 4 pm in the Winter and 5 pm in the Summer
- An average of 40 hours/week
- Great team culture – we are not an ‘it’s not my job’ place!
Take a look at our website to get a feel for what the Estate is about – Adventure Park | Farm Animals | Café | Old Down Country Park (olddownestate.co.uk)