Wedding Season is upon us at Old Down Estate. We are looking for experienced Chefs for a 3 month period from July to September. We are offering a diverse role working on weddings and events as well as producing fresh meals in the cafe/takeaway and large scale events including Family Fest and the Adventure Cinema.
We are looking for people to join the team who have a positive attitude, commitment and willingness to assist colleagues in order to deliver a consistently excellent standard of customer service.
The Job Role will include:
· Preparing and cooking food from scratch to be served in our Barn Café and Manor House
· Food production to the highest standard using fresh, local produce including jams and chutneys to be sold in the farm shop.
· Working as part of a team and independently when required.
· Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the kitchen
· Previous chef/hospitality experience
· A passionate foodie used to working in busy high volume environment
· A self-starter with a zest for great forward-thinking food
· Presentable, punctual, professional
· A team player who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
· An individual with high standards and organisational skills
· A willingness to accommodate dietary requirements and allergies
• Level 1 Food Safety Awareness (desired, not essential)
• Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety (desired, not essential)
Situated in the South West countryside, less than half an hour from Bristol, and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds, our Manor House has panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Old Down Estate is home to our family-friendly Country Park, with year-round activities, and our magnificently refurbished Manor House which is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and fully equipped to host corporate events.
Onsite is the rustic Barn Café offering breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and coffee. The Manor House hosts luxurious Weddings and Events and deliver a high standard of food offering.
The hourly rate is £14.50/hour inclusive of holiday pay. You will be required to fulfil a minimum of 40 hours/week for a 3 month period, hours will then be subject to review and business needs.
Contract length: 3 months