Are you an experienced Chef who enjoys working with local, fresh ingredients and being part of a passionate team who take a lot of pride in their work? We can offer a diverse role working on weddings and events, producing fresh meals in the cafe/takeaway and also large scale events.
Employing team players is important to us so we are able to consistently deliver the level of service expected by our customers. Your team ethos, positive attitude, commitment and willingness to assist colleagues is equally as important as your knife skills.
The Job Role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food from scratch to be served in our Barn Café and Manor House
- Food production in the highest standard using fresh, local produce including jams and chutneys to be sold
- Working as part of a team and independently when required.
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Previous chef/hospitality experience
- A passionate foodie used to working in busy high volume environment
- A self-starter with a zest for great forward-thinking food
- Presentable, punctual, professional
- A team player who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
- An individual with high standards and organisational skills
- A willingness to accommodate dietary requirements and allergies
- Level 1 Food Safety Awareness (desired, not essential)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety (desired, not essential)
Situated in the South West countryside, less than half an hour from Bristol, and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds, our Manor House has panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Old Down Estate is home to our family-friendly Country Park, with year-round activities, and our magnificently refurbished Manor House which is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and fully equipped to host corporate events.
Onsite is the rustic Barn Café offering breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and coffee. The Manor House hosts luxurious Weddings and Events and deliver a high standard of food offering.
Join us in the role of Chef De Partie at Old Down and enjoy the fast pace of our busy kitchen – as you help to prepare the fresh food that keeps customers coming back.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£11.00 per hour