Part-time casual role
Salary: Minimum wage
**This role will require you to work weekends and school holidays.**
Old Down is an award-winning attraction set in breath-taking countryside. With 66 acres of open space, gardens, woodlands and play areas/adventure playgrounds – not to mention the fam animals and yurt!
The beautifully refurbished Manor House and its grounds offer a stunning backdrop or weddings and events. These will take place in two choices of venue that are available onsite in order to provide the perfect location for that special day. Take a look through the details of our spectacular Manor House and rustic Barn and select the venue that is perfect for you.
- Welcome and greet guests
- Answers questions about dishes, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes guests’ orders for food and drink
- Pass guests’ orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepare drinks and serves them to guests
- Collect food orders from the kitchen, check that they are correct, and serve
- Ensure that all guests are satisfied with their meals
- Remove empty dishes and glasses from tables
- Set tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Maintain familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
- Previous customer service/face to face customer interaction experience is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to be flexible and work at short notice
- To be able to use your initiative and think on your feet
- Ability to keep calm and deal with any difficult situations or queries
Due to law restrictions applicants must be 16 years old and above as you will be required to work Sundays.