*This role will require you to work weekends and school holidays*
Old Down is an award-winning attraction set in breath-taking countryside. With 66 acres of open space, gardens, woodlands and play areas/adventure playgrounds – not to mention the farm animals and yurt!
Onsite is the rustic Barn Café offering breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and coffee. To make the café a great place for customers and to work alongside the existing team, we need to recruit further staff who have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and of course a passion for interacting with people.
A typical day is likely to include:
- Taking orders and serving in the café
- Making coffees using the machine and other hot/ cold beverages
- Creating our custom ‘freakshakes’
- Delivering drinks and food orders from the kitchen to customers tables
- Using the till
- Taking money for admission sales for visitors to the park
- Providing an excellent service to our customers and visitors
- Previous customer service/face to face customer interaction experience is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to be flexible and work at short notice
- To be able to use your initiative and think on your feet – problem solve or think quickly in an often fast-paced café
- Ability to keep calm and deal with any difficult situations or queries from customers
Due to law restrictions applicants must be 16 years old and above as you will be required to work Sundays.