Old Down is an award-winning attraction set in breath-taking countryside. With 66 acres of open space, gardens, woodlands and play areas/adventure playgrounds – not to mention the farm animals and yurt!
Onsite is the rustic Barn Café offering breakfast, delicious lunches and a range of hot and cold snacks, homemade cake and coffee. To make the café a great place for customers and to work alongside the existing team, we need to recruit further staff who have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and of course a passion for interacting with people.
Join us in the role of Café Chef at Old Down and enjoy the fast pace of our busy kitchen – as you help to prepare the fresh food that keeps customers coming back.
The Job Role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food and snacks to be served in our Barn Cafe
- Food production in the highest standard using fresh, local produce
- Using fresh local produce
- Working as part of a team within a well-equipped kitchen
- Previous chef/hospitality experience
- A passionate foodie used to working in busy high volume and pressurised operations
- A self-starter with a zest for great forward-thinking food
And we’re interested in your personality too. Your potential, your commitment and your ability to work under pressure is every bit as important to us as your knife-handling skills.