We are an award-winning country estate situated in the South West countryside and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds with panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Our magnificently refurbished Manor House is lavishly presented for exclusive wedding hire and is fully equipped to host corporate events.
We are looking to recruit a permanent Bar Supervisor to help assist in the running of 3 bars within the estate which includes outdoor bars. The successful candidate will be required to work weekends and evenings for events which include weddings, parties and corporate events. The successful candidate will also be required to work during the week to ensure the bars are fully prepared for each event.
Hours of work will be between 30-40 hours per week, with shifts of 8-10 hours. Start times will vary, pending on the type of event but these can include a 9:00am start to a 02:30am finish.
Key duties will include but are not limited to:
- Controlling the stock of the bars, including stock rotation and stock takes monthly
- Running the bars on event days, ensuring that they run smoothly and efficiently
- Looking after the staff and ensuring they are working at their very best
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to guests
- Cocktail making
- Providing advice and information to guests on drinks served
- Maintaining the bar to ensure that all the elements are kept clean, tidy and in working order
- Follow all till and cashing up procedures and ensure all staff are following them correctly
- Assist with cash handling procedures
- Line Cleaning
- Previous cocktail experience is desirable but not crucial
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Good time keeping and reliability
- A personal alcohol licence would be advantageous
The role would be suitable for someone who has previously worked within a bar environment, especially those who have experience in running a bar.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £8.50 /hour
- Bar Management: 2 years (Preferred)