Come and join us at Old Down Estate as Bars Manager. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Bars Manager to join our Front of House team and move the offering forward.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Front of House team and be responsible for all aspects of the Bar from cellar management, ordering and service at all events. We are looking for someone to invest in with regards to development in bar skills, mixology, wine pairing etc.
We are offering a full-time position working 40 hours over 5 days which will include late nights as per the business needs. The salary will be £23,000 per annum. You will be required to work in other front of house departments (café, Barn and ticket office) during the quieter months of the year to ensure you reach your required weekly hours.
Responsibilities of the Bars Manager:
- Cellar management – stock ordering and monthly stocktakes
- Ensure Bars are consistently presented to a high standard
- Deliver excellent service during all events – wedding, corporate, outdoor events
- Manage the Bar team with regards to rostering, training and developing
- Work with the Front of House Manager in planning for events
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws and cash handling procedures
- To assist the Front of House team when required
- Responsible for closedown of the Manor after events
Skills and Experience required:
- Personal Licence holder (required)
- Experience as a Bar Supervisor/Manager
- Excellent understanding of alcohol, cocktails and bar service
- Ability to deliver excellent guest service
- Presentable and well-spoken
- Approachable and committed to the role
- Reliable and good timekeeping skills
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
**Due to the location of the property and timings of the shifts you are required to have your own transport**
We are an award-winning country estate situated in the South West countryside and set in 66 acres of beautiful grounds with panoramic views across the River Severn to Wales and the rolling hills beyond. Our magnificently refurbished Manor House and Rustic quaint Barn is available for exclusive wedding hire and is fully equipped to host corporate events.