Old Down Country Park are looking for two full-time front of house managers to oversee the running of weddings, corporate events and the Country Park including the Café, Steak Barn and ticket office.
This role will be 45 hours a week including Friday – Sunday, and will include evenings. Overtime may be available during busy periods, and hours may vary according to bookings, or planned functions/events.
Reporting to: Head of Operations
- Ensuring an excellent customer experience for all our visitors
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day Café and Carvery operations
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations involved in weddings and corporate events
- Front of House Management of our bar, manor house and Steak Barn on Friday & Saturday evenings
- On-site supervisor for queries and issues relating to the Country Park
- Train, guide and motivate the staff across the site
- Maintain and improve standards in customer service, hygiene and quality at all times
- Health and Safety of staff and customers, emergency procedures
- Maintain and improve staffing level costs and maximise efficiency
- Further responsibilities include stock ordering, stock rotation, cashing up, delegation of tasks, check cleaning rotas are adhered to.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment on a management level is essential – ideally in the hospitality or visitor attraction industry
- To be highly motivated with a good eye for detail and cleanliness
- Excellent communication skills
- To be outgoing, positive and love working with and for people
- A good food knowledge and understand professional food hygiene procedures
- To be supportive to colleagues, organised and calm under pressure
- The ability work at speed while being patient with and supportive to our younger team members